Play the golf punch shot like a pro
Do you struggle to keep the golf ball low in difficult windy conditions? Maybe your ball flight is too high and gets blown off course every time the wind picks up? If this sounds like you then learning to play the golf punch shot or knock down shot could really help lower your golf scores. If you play golf for long enough you’re going to comes across some difficult weather conditions on the golf course.
The golf punch shot is a great asset to have in your golfing shot arsenal when the weather turns nasty.
The good news is learning how to play a punch shot in golf is not that difficult.
It just requires a few small adjustments to your set up, impact position and follow through.
Do what I did and learn the Stress Free Golf Swing system and not only master the golf punch shot, but also how to make rapid improvement with every club in the your bag.
It's simple and easy to understand and is perfect for low and high handicappers who don't have much time to practice.
Where’s your ball position?
To keep the golf ball as low as possible it’s vital you have the golf ball positioned in your stance that helps promote a lower ball flight.
- Place the golf ball at least a few inches back of centre in your golf stance
- This means the golf ball will be closer towards your back foot at set up
- Helps ensure you are hitting down on the golf ball producing a lower ball flight
Don’t leave your hands behind
Working together with your ball position it’s really important your hands are leaning or angled forward closer to the front leg.
This achieves 3 things:
- Help ensure you hit down on the golf ball resulting in lower golf shots
- Produces a more solid and consistent impact on the golf ball
- Keeps the loft on the clubhead down and lowers the ball flight
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW WHERE I DEMONSTRATE HOW TO PLAY THE GOLF PUNCH SHOT:
Don’t forget to finish it right
The finish or follow through of the golf swing is the key to executing a great golf punch shot.
Master this step and you are well on your way to keeping it low and straight at your target.
- Keep the hands low and through to the target line
- Hold the finish with the hands forward
- Extend the arms forward to help keep the loft down on the club
Learning how to hit the golf punch shot is not that difficult if you follow these tips.
Just remember the following:
- Ball in the back of the stance
- Hands forward
- Keep a bit more weight on the left side (right hander)
- Keep your hands low through the impact zone
- Hold the finish and extend the arms forward
Give it a try and I’ll guarantee you’ll see an instant improvement in your punch and knock down shots.
Don't forget to get the Stress Free Golf Swing system and take your golf game to a high level and lower your golf scores.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POST PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE WITH YOUR GOLFING MATES AT YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL MEDIA ICON TO THE LEFT.
This post may contain affiliate links. I make money from these affiliate links to keep the site free for users, and it is no cost to you.